Episode 22: Dr Joanne Cacciatore – How To Handle Traumatic Grief
Let’s talk about grief…
In the wake of the traumatic passing of Kobe Bryant, I moved up my incredibly insightful conversation with Dr. Joanne Cacciatore. We touched on many questions that I believe will be as helpful to you as they were for me.
How do you handle grief?
Most of us can probably agree that we’re not that great at talking about it or really knowing the best way to support ones in our lives that experience a traumatic death. It’s not easy and I’d like to pull back the veil on grief in this episode this week. Share this episode as I truly feel it can help us all become better prepared for grief itself and our view of how it plays into our lives.
Let me ask a few questions:
- Do you know how to talk to children about death?
- Did you know children deal with death differently than adults?
- Are you interested in the major grief differences between men and women?
- Do you know the risks associated with grief?
- Do you know why grief terrifies us?
- Do you feel confident in supporting a grieving person the right way?
If you connected to any or all of these questions, I have something SUPER special for you. It’s what I call EXTRA MAGIC, where I provide all the answers to the questions you seek! My personal research, links, best practices, all things BETTER.
- 00:00 Intro
- 07:00 Dr. Joannes Experience With Grief
- 12:40 The Lack of Professional Help
- 13:30 Compassion & deep dark emotions
- 20:00 Defining Grief
- 27:12 Why We’re Bad at Talking About Grief
- 31:50 Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- 36:10 How To Support Grieving Individuals
- 43:10 Resources For Grief, Culture, and Remembrance
- 55:30 Explaining Death To Children
- 1:02:10 Using Animals To Help With Grief
Enjoying the Show, Ready For More?
Rate and Review: Show your support and help spread the word by writing a review, along with a 5-star rating on Apple Podcasts: https://bettershow.co/apple
Podcast production and marketing provided by LEVERAGE.