Episode 27: Dallas Hartwig – Living Your Life With The Seasons
The seasons change and so should you.
Dallas Hartwig is an authority on how to live well. He’s a New York Times bestselling author and founder of the whole30 diet, he writes and creates tools for sustainable and meaningful change.
Expansion and contraction was the core foundation of this episode. Discussing the important balance between these parallels of outward and inward living; particularly as these actions relate to the changing seasons and our oscillating behaviors throughout the year. Also, Dallas lays out the challenges we face as a society being in a constant state of expansion. Seldom are we told to contract and do the important rest that's critical for optimal growth.
With these challenges presented, Dallas gives his advice for how to create an optimal diet that changes with the seasons and some practical tips on how to get powerful restorative sleep!
Don’t forget to check out all the bonus notes from Better episodes. Head to EXTRA MAGIC, where I provide all my personal research, links, best practices, all things BETTER.
- 00:00 Intro
- 10:00 The great separation & expansion vs contraction
- 15:00 The modern challenges of ignoring the seasons
- 21:00 How to contract meaningfully
- 25:00 The seasons of creation & consumption
- 30:00 Why it's hard to pivot and change
- 39:00 Techniques on pivoting smoothly
- 48:00 Optimizing the winter season (Diet, Activity, and Sleep)
- 1:04:00 How seasons regulate our diet and sleep
- 1:10:00 How to get better at sleep
- 1:18:00 Dallas discusses his new book
You can get in touch with Dallas Hartwig:
Find his new book “The 4 Season Solution” everywhere books are found.
@dallashartwig On Instagram