Episode 78: Dr. Carrie Jones – Female Hormones: Explained
Functional medicine women's health and hormone doctor and the Medical Director for Precision Analytical Inc, Dr. Carrie Jones, simplifies women’s hormones and how they work so we can better understand their impact on our overall health.
We break down the different hormones at play in our bodies, get connected to our cycle, and learn about the tests that identify what’s happening from the inside out. We explore the relationship between our hormones, immune system, and gut health, and discover the self-care habits that will keep us happy and healthy through every phase of life.
As always, I’ve prepared my show notes for this episode that has all my recommendations and references. If you’d like to get access to the show notes just head over to EXTRA MAGIC.
- 02:14 Intro
- 04:20 Origin Story & Inspiration
- 08:15 Hormones, Cycles, & Tests
- 12:05 Cycle Tracking
- 13:40 Hormone Tests & Results
- 18:00 Estrogens & Estrogen Metabolism
- 23:50 Genetic Predispositions
- 31:00 Supporting Healthy Hormones & Supplementation
- 38:30 Gut Health & the Immune System
- 44:00 Diet and Supplement Solutions
- 53:30 Androgens
- 56:00 Androgen Excess Symptoms & Solutions
- 01:03:05 Perimenopause & Menopause
- 01:05:30 Thyroid & Adrenal Health
- 01:09:10 The Value of Self-Care
Check out Dr. Carrie's Website
Find her on Instagram
Learn about the DUTCH Test
Join the Better! Community on Facebook