Episode 98: Lara Adler – How to Avoid Hidden Toxins in our Food, Makeup, and Everyday Life
Lara Adler is an Environmental Toxins Expert & Educator and a Certified Holistic Health Coach who teaches health coaches, nutritionists, and other holistic health practitioners how to eliminate the #1 thing holding their clients back from the results they are seeking – the unaddressed link between chemicals and chronic health problems. She trains practitioners to become experts in everyday toxic exposures so they can improve client outcomes without spending hundreds of hours researching on their own.
Combining environmental health education and business consulting, she’s helped thousands of health professionals in over 25 countries around the world elevate their skill set, get better results for their clients, and become sought out leaders in the growing environmental health & detoxification field.
We discuss the truth around toxins in our everyday life, from personal care products to feminine hygiene to cookware. As well as diving into understanding regulatory standards, toxicology, phthalates & PFAS.
- 10:30 Intro
- 11:50 Lara’s Origin Story
- 17:30 Absence of Evidence isn’t Evidence of Absence
- 22:00 Understanding Regulation Standards
- 27:00 Cosmetics & Self-care Products
- 31:30 The Cocktail Effect
- 33:40 Dose Makes The Poison & Non-Monotonic Dose-Response
- 39:00 Understanding the Toxicology
- 51:00 Phthalates
- 57:30 Feminine Products
- 01:06:30 Plastics
- 01:12:50 PFAS
- 01:21:30 Food Toxins & Plastics
- 01:28:50 Cookware & Alternative Home Products
- 01:32:30 Summary of Low Toxin Alternatives
- 01:40:00 How To Connect With Lara
Join The Better! Community On Facebook.